Thursday, May 5, 2011

1st year of business school... DONE!

WOO - HOO!

As I celebrate completing this 1st year of the dMBA program, I can't help but think how this year has been like the 300-meter hurdle event I ran in high school, an event which requires both speed and endurance.

Like a sprint, this program has moved at a super-fast pace as we've completed 3 full courses every 7 weeks. To put that in perspective, in one 7 week term we:
  • Digested 10 chapters of Finance,
  • Designed and implemented a marketing research project (similar to one I did in undergrad that took 1 full semester) and,
  • Covered the basics of the entire Adobe Creative Suite.
When each 7 weeks were up, however, it was on to the next set of classes, making this more than a sprint, but a test of endurance as well. And of course, there are the hurdles... you know, just those everyday things of life that we have to overcome to make it to the finish line.

Sometimes I think I'm a little crazy to have signed up for such an intense program... but us dMBA'ers, we're our own special breed :) So, congrats to my classmates on a job well done! Now a little R&R before I'm off to my amazing summer internship!

No comments:

Post a Comment